Health

Healthy BBQ

12:30 PM


Fire up the grill and let the barbecue and good company begin.  Every year Tiff and I celebrate the Fourth with poolside barbecue and homemade strawberry lemonade.  Barbecuing in the summer is so much fun; it is such a great and economical way to spend quality time with family.  This year I have been a little more health conscious with the foods I eat.  I’ve been sticking to more vegetables and have lessened my intake on carbohydrates.  It is extremely hard for me to keep this healthy diet and definitely wouldn’t want to break my streak because of today.  Since breaking the tradition of barbecuing is not an option, I have come up with some good ideas to barbecue that won’t burst your cholesterol levels.  All the chips, beer, dip and grilled meat can lead to bad indigestions or worse a lot of grilling of meat can lead to cancerous outcomes.  And because you only live once, you want to make sure you treat yourself and your family to healthier eating.  Grilled vegetables such as bell peppers, mushrooms and squash are delicious and require minimal efforts.   Pineapple and peaches are also good for grilling. Also a good substitution for meat is fish.  Season any fish filet (I prefer tilapia since it is cheaper) with salt and pepper then wrap it in foil and it is ready to pop in the grill and depending on the thickness of the fish it should take about 10-15 minutes.  I like to eat my fish with mango salsa. I hope all of you had a good fourth and lots of good healthy eats!

Simply Me, 
Ha


Photo credit: Life Hacker

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Follow us on Instagram

Instagram