Fashion

Lace

8:28 PM

Not until five years ago did my sister and I develop a mad crush for Lace.  Come to find out that Lace is just simply vintage, elegant, classy and most definitely historical. Lace existed during the 16th century and was found dominant more for fashion in northwestern Europe. As you can see, it didn’t take long for Lace to gain popularity all over the world. Lace can be incorporated in almost anything from apparel to accessories! I can only hope that lace continues to be influential in fashion and prevail through time. Dress like you’re royal, be bold, be vintage…wear lace!

I would like to share a few of my favorite dresses with lace incorporation. Firstly, I truly adore Taylor Swift’s ivory dress designed by Elie Saab. She may have worn this dress in 2012 at the ARIA Awards, but it still holds a top spot in my book. This dress may not be all lace but the lace side panels really work for me. The lace insets completely define the dress and help add elegance to the bustier-looking top and draped chiffon skirt. 

Second picture reveals the black dresses I find bold and chic which are also by Elie Saab. He’s infamous for his lace designs and elegant wear. From the beaded details to the sheer embroideries, these dresses wouldn’t be perfect without the incorporation of lace on the sleeves and chest.

Taking Lace back to its royal roots, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, posed in an Alexander McQueen dress at a National Thanksgiving Service for The Queen. This dress exudes sophistication and class which is made to fit a Duchess. I like the dark champagne silk belt contrast, which I feel defines the waistline and add curvature to Catherine’s physique. I would say that she is embracing the royal look perfectly.

If you never thought about wearing lace before, please think again. Lace is truly an asset to the fashion world and it can make you fall in love once you start embracing the look in your wardrobe. 

Simply me,
Ha


Photos found on google.com

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Follow us on Instagram

Instagram